Test Footer 2

jeudi 4 avril 2013

Boy, 8, who ‘married’ 61-year-old woman ‘now feels like a husband’

Publié par Unknown à 09:59

An eight-year-old boy who got ‘married’ to a 61-year-old woman has said he now feels like a husband two weeks after the union.

Young Sanele Masilela sent shockwaves across the globe when it was announced he had got hitched to Helen Shabangu in Tshwane, South Africa.

It subsequently turned out the ceremony was not legally binding and had just been a ritual prompted by a conversation the schoolboy had with his dead grandfather.

Sanele now says he is settling into life as a husband, a couple of weeks after he said ‘I do’.

‘The day was great and it was exactly what I had imagined it would be like,’ he said.

‘My friends thought it was really funny that I was getting married but I do now feel like a husband.’

The eight-year-old has also revealed the method his deceased ancestor used to contact him.

He added: ‘My grandfather contacted me through a picture of my mother’s wedding.

‘We have a special bond because I am named after him.

‘He said he had seen the picture and felt sad that he had never been able to have a white wedding of his own so he asked me to get married. I chose Helen because I love her.’

The ‘husband and wife’ do not live together but Helen is sometimes invited to have dinner with the boy and his family.

Template Information

 

Copyright © 2011 wonderful generation | Design by Kenga Ads-template